('Oh, crap, wasn't it nice to have those lovely two months of peace and quiet?' you cry.)
Sorry, you lot. But I've been late-night thinking again. Blame the fact that I glanced at the challenge list and noticed that there are over 40 entries there, and started to wonder when Talechasing's 1-year anniversary would arrive. (Answer: May 18, incidentally.)
My musings led me back to this post
and all the multitudinous comments therein. And I noticed that in some of the comments, there was speculation about olden-day-custard-style silliness (new Talechasers: one day soon we must tell you of your ancestors and the Great Custard Flood) and co-writing.
And now I am thoughtful.
I think the weekly challenges have been a fiery-pants success (and long live the drabble! XD). There's been so much to read and write lately - and of reasonable length on both counts - that it's hard for me to remember my past bouts of scribbly ennui. But it's still a fairly individual exercise. We don't get together and act up much.
Here then are my thoughts. Would many of us would be interested in some kind of collaboration and/or collective silliness on theirvoices
? I don't think anything too time-consuming or demanding would be a good idea, given the tyrannies of RL and assorted muses, but something low-key and fun to do together in free time might be nice for those interested, no?
Feel free to add to my brainstormings:
- we could all create a world together (polls! polls! XD) and write short stories set within it
- we could create a world together and play a sort of 'play by post' game within it (character roleplays)
- we could devise a setting that accommodates some/all of our existing worlds and characters and write short stories set within it
- we could devise the aforementioned setting and play the play-by-post game
- we could do world-swaps and write little shorts in a fellow Talechaser's setting
Come, my pretties, tell me your thoughts ...